What is internet marketing metrics?
Simple, think of metric as a number.
Some examples include:
- Channel Outcomes(e.g.measures conversion rates from visitors to registration to purchasing)
- Channel Buyer Behaviour(e.g.measures the duration and number of page view visitors spend on your content)
- Total Visits(e.g. measures the number of total visits to different pages)
- Channel-Specific Traffic(e.g. measures the traffic to your pages based on the point of origin)
- Visitor Engagement(e.g. measures the duration visitors spend on your site and how much value they see in your content)
Why are they SO important?
Here is where it comes into place. With the use of online marketing metrics, you are able to get a real sense of how your websites are performing. By using a variation of metric tools, you can improve your websites. For example, by monitoring conversion rates, you can determine how many visitors become subscribers and how engaged your visitors are to your content.
Obviously there are metrics that are useless to you and others as well. Such as Total Views, Number of Hits or Average time on Page. With these, you can hardly tell what to improve on your websites or what content to post to engage more viewers. The reason that you would use the metrics isn’t just to look at your high ranking in Youtube rankings. Once again, you want to improve and keep your content interesting so that your visitors would return instead of thinking, “This is crap.”
Food for the thought
Ever wonder why youtubers have multiple channels? For instance, mychonny, Buzzfeed (violet,blue,yellow) or people with either vlog or gaming channels.
Let’s put it in your perspective, assuming that you have a Youtube channel with thousands of subscribers.
No! You don’t just randomly decide to create multiple channels just for the sake of it. It doesn’t just click for you while you are in the toilet or having a walk in the park. With multiple channels, you need to put in more effort and time into it.
Yes! With the help of metrics, you can narrow content down to a narrow segment. This allows you to organise what content to cater to your audiences because they can just simply follow that specific channel instead of being disappointed with another gaming video. With your big number of subscribers, there is a higher percentage of your subscribers to instantly follow on your new youtube channels.
Reasons may include:
- Die hard fans
- Interested in a different content but same youtuber
- Wanting to know more about their daily life
These are just a few reasons why subscribers would automatically follow the new channels. People have different reasons for following them. The list is endless.
This is it for today!
Please leave a comment and let me know what else I can improve! Until next time.